HOME   EVENTS   FASHION   BRIDAL   ATELIER   PROJECTS   PHOTOSHOOTS   
BEHIND THE SCENES
   PRESS   INSPIRATIONS   PERSONAL   TRAVEL

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Aubrey’s Wedding Dress – Working Process, Fittings, Wedding Preparations


Aubrey found my atelier doing a Google search for local bridal designers, she wrote me an email and we happily agreed on an appointment! She is so sweet, well educated and warm hearted; we instantly felt like we know each other since a long time! We discovered that we have common acquaintances and I felt lucky that she chose me to be her wedding dress designer. Aubrey was born in Colorado, US and lives now in Vienna, the city where she met her future (back then, now actual) husband. Their love story is like taken from a movie and it’s so wonderful to hear stories like theirs :)

At our first meeting, Aubrey tried on some of my “Gentle Fairies & The Golden Flowers” dresses and decided that she would love to have a design based on a combination of three of my dresses. I loved the idea and her creative input, so it was pure delight to start designing her most favourite piece. Aubrey wanted to feel free spirited and understated but also traditional, refined and elegant. I took every detail and wish into consideration and the resulting dress was exactly what we’ve had planned!


All our meetings, fittings, email conversations were a pleasure, Aubrey was such an easygoing bride, calm and relaxed; she knew exactly what she wanted and how to communicate.

The wedding took place on a hot summer’s day. In the early morning I went to her home to prepare the dress & jacket and despite the early hour, 6am, we were having a lot of fun together, with her family, friends and styling team – my colleagues, Adriana Holban (make-up) & Dani Cornea (hair).

Below, some snap shots from our working process, in the next post I’ll publish a selection of the wedding photos:

Lace Sample

No comments:

Post a Comment