HOME   EVENTS   FASHION   BRIDAL   ATELIER   PROJECTS   PHOTOSHOOTS   
BEHIND THE SCENES
   PRESS   INSPIRATIONS   PERSONAL   TRAVEL

Thursday, October 6, 2016

My First 10 Professional Years

In October 2006 I opened my atelier on Burggasse 29, 1070 Vienna. Without any moral or financial support. I was completely alone. My good friend Claudia, decided to share the space for a year, I sold my beloved Ford Fiesta and with a bag full of courage, naivety, determination, passion, hunger for knowledge and discovery, love for sewing, arts, craft - I began this journey.

10 years later and over 500 hand-made pieces, looking back, it feels like the time compressed in an abstract dimension with shades of bright light, white, rosé, grey, darkness... These 10 years have been highly challenging but also highly rewarding. It is exactly how I imagined my life to be. My atelier has become my life. Although the physical address changed, my atelier is my personal universe; a place where I feel free, independent, safe, creative, captivated, confident, sentimental... I love to work alone, so, the future will not change this aspect.

I am grateful that my profession is offering me the possibility to have material proof from the past; albeit it wasn’t easy to procure items from my early professional years, I will manage to bring to my anniversary exhibition pieces, that were made even before I opened my atelier.

In the future years I hope to be able to continue on this path, naturally ascending and filled with demanding work, personal inspirations and beautiful people.

I am inviting you and anyone interested, to come and see my temporary exhibition Veşminte, hosted by the Romanian Cultural Institute in Vienna. For 7 days, from the 13th of October until the 21st (excl. the weekend), I will personally be there most of the time. You can see a small selection of my designs accompanied by artful and soulful photographs taken by Dina Lee.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment